Thursday, November 08, 2007

Samples

The kids and I went to Costco after naps today. After loading up on the usuals (diapers, wipes, milk and batteries), we headed for the registers. On the way, we passed one of the many sample tables that seem to be a big hit at Costco...several even had lines waiting for whatever deliciousness they are giving away. The one I passed had no line and had very large truffles. I'm talking golf ball size. Since Michael and I are back on our diet after a disatrous fall from the wagon in the last month or two, I got one and gave it to Parker. He didn't know what it was, but smiled none the less. I told him he could eat it so he licked it. I told him he could bite it so he bit it in such a way that nothing came off. He tried again. No luck. I decided to sacrifice myself for the good of the child and took a small nibble to get it started. I handed it back to him and he gave it another go. Success! He contined as such until we were at the car. At that point, he was covered in chocolate, but not done with the sample. I took it from him, wiped him clean and promised he could have the rest for dessert tonight.

He remembered this promise during dinner which was helpful in getting him to eat his chicken. I gave it back to him and he sat quietly eating it while I got the girls ready for bed (dad was working a bit later than normal tonight so I was on my own). When all the Elizabeth crying and Miranda yelling had subsided I returned to a Parker. He said he was all done. And boy was he. It must have been a very good truffle.

No comments: