Thursday, November 15, 2007

Painting is Delicious

All the kids are still a little bit sick today, but doing much better than yesterday when I wanted to shoot myself in the head.

So when the weather looked nice, I thought a session of painting might be just the ticket to help three home bound kids and their mom. Parker and I prepped the paint and brushes, set it up, and then opened the flood gates.

At first, it was going very well...


But then Elizabeth had to taste the red paint.


Shortly after Miranda needed to paint the deck...


And then Parker had to paint the windows...


And of course Elizabeth had to help after sampling the green paint.



Parker painted a most excellent 'E'

Miranda really seemed to enjoy it and stayed remarkedly clean.


Which is more than can be said for Parker (upset here because he couldn't make a F) and Elizabeth.




When everyone was finally good and disgusting...


I literally threw them all into the bath, where they all came out spic and span!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Thank you so much for letting them paint on the deck and the doors! That made my day. Much love to all. Glad to see everyone on the mend.

shawn said...

Shari just sent me this link. I just saw the pictures of the children painting, how cute! I can kinda relate. We just started our art room, and I think you had the right idea, do it OUTSIDE!
Take care,
from the Ayala clan.