Saturday, February 28, 2009

Running Weekend

It's a running weekend for the Long Family. To start it off, I ran 6 miles (!) this morning. I just told myself I was going to do it and I did. Michael had suggested I try 4 or 5, but I knew I would go twice around the lake or once...nothing in between. I was pretty damn proud of myself as was Michael.

Then we drove Michael up to Napa Valley today for a marathon tomorrow. He didn't want to have to drive after running tomorrow, so we'll head back up tomorrow to cheer him at mile 20 and at the finish line. There are only 2500 people in this race, so I'm hoping spotting him won't be as tough as it was in Los Angeles in 2005. I still can't even imagine running 26 miles, but I never imagined running 6 either, so who knows.

He's at a hotel now, hopefully sleeping, which is what the kids are doing now after a day of a lot of driving and waiting and no napping. They were quite annoying in the car, but I suppose they actually did quite well considering.

Send Michael good thoughts!

No comments: