Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A good sub.

Parker had a sub today. Again. I think this is sub 20 or something for the year.

Since we found out yesterday, I decided to pull him out mid-day today and just hang at home. When I went to school to get him, I signed him out at the office and then went to his classroom. The sub was there doing work (impressive!) and I told her who I was and I what I was doing. (except that I lied and said he had an appt.)

She immediately says to me, "Parker is a quite advanced in math, isn't he?"

I found this odd since this was the first time she met him, he had been in motor skills until 9:30 and went to lunch at 11:30. This means that in 2 hours, she had accurately assessed him. Impressive!

So we had a little chit chat about his skills and she asked if he was bored and we discussed that bit and she suggested that maybe they would skip him a grade at some point.

Then I took him home.

I think I'll let him stay the whole time tomorrow when the teacher will be out again.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Sorry he's had so many subs. Sounds like this one is pretty attentive though! Penelope's teacher is out for the rest of the year so after going through a bunch of different subs in a few weeks at least now they have a permanent sub for the rest of the year. Annoying but at least stable again.