Monday, April 25, 2011

I don't understand: Lots of kids.

I don't understand people who have lots of kids (3 or more) and then complain about the cost of having the kids or the effort involved in managing all the kids activities and social lives.

No one forced these people to have all these kids, but yet they feel like they should get special status and be excused from duties (volunteer and otherwise) that parents with one or two children just accept.

Case in point: Parent of four kids in Parker's little league doesn't want to have to do all the volunteer requirements that other parents have to fulfill. She wasn't nasty about it, but politely stated that she already had to pay more and attend more practices than other kids who only had one kid in the league so why should she have to volunteer more too?

BECAUSE YOU HAVE LOTS OF KIDS!!!!

When I had to work twice at the preschool, which is once more a week than all the other families, I didn't complain. I understood that was the deal. And while I didn't necessarily choose twins, I accepted the possibility existed when we took those fertilized eggs out of the freezer.

Your kids get things other kids don't get like hand-me downs, live in playdates, and learning how to share early on and much, much more. Don't complain about the cost of it.

No comments: