Sunday, April 17, 2011

SF ZOO

I took the kids and Fletcher and Sebastian to the SF Zoo today. I hadn't been there for about 15 years and the kids have never been there. It's always farther away than I remember, but they've updated it a lot and it was well worth the drive. It's really big too and we didn't get to see all of it before having to head back for Parker's tball game.

We went to the Children's zoo first and within minutes someone asks me if I've seen Nicole Kidman who apparently was there with her kid. They told me she was being followed around and I immediately felt bad for her that she can't just enjoy a day at the zoo with her kid.

Then about 30 minutes later, she walks into the petting zoo. She is about 8 feet tall, wearing all black and her daughter who looks totally normal, follows her. We're a few feet away from her but hadn't gone into one of the barns. We go in and she does too. The kids all look at the sheep for a while and then I leave. She is still in there with Fletcher and I hear them talking about sheep and rams. I go back in to see if everything is ok and then Fletcher tells me to look at this really cool snake. I do. And then Sunday Rose, her daughter, does as well. Fletcher leaves, but Elizabeth comes up and the three of them, Elizabeth, Sunday and Nicole all hang out for a good 5 minutes looking at the snake. Then we head out and go to the spider web to play. A few moments later, they walk by again with Sunday in a stroller. She wanted to play in the spider web, but Nicole wasn't having it and they kept walking. We didn't see her again. I texted Michael and Susan to tell them about it and chuckled to myself that the kids had no idea who she was.

We then walked around much of the zoo, had some snacks, rode the merry go round and headed out. At one point, someone came up to me and asked, "Are they all yours?" I said, "God no, only three." She said, "They are the best behaved kids I've seen all day." This of course was before Miranda started screaming that I wasn't going to buy her a toy and Elizabeth got hurt and couldn't recover and Parker started whining that he was "STILLLLLL HUNNNGRRRRYYYYYY!!!!" Luckily, Fletcher and Sebastian were delightful all day.

1 comment:

Val said...

OMG! A little bit of LA in SF. . .