Thursday, April 28, 2011

Real Learning

Parker's teacher who was suppose to be back today emailed last night that she would not be back. Since Michael and I decided we would not subject Parker to any more idiot subs, I kept him home today. Although I lied to the school about his reason for absence, I told Parker the truth that he would only go to school when one of the repeat subs or Miss Heather was there. He seemed relieved.

We had the co-op in the morning but nothing else planned the rest of the day. After a good morning at Sue's house, we decided to get some basketballs and a net. The people who lived here before us had one in the flat driveway so it seemed like a good idea. We picked up the shortest one I could find and headed home. It took me a while to assemble it as I suck at those sorts of things, but I got it together finally and the kids have been shooting hoops since then.

Any guesses which kid is the best at it?

Regardless, they all had fun and I think helping me put it together and playing ball was more than he was gonna learn at school today anyway.

No comments: