Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bunk Mates: Follow Up

Yes, it was a mistake. Girls woke up at 2am. Apparently Elizabeth wouldn't make room for Miranda and Miranda hit Elizabeth in the nose. Or something. They both successfully climbed down the ladder to tell me all about it. Unfortunately, they both wanted to go back to their own bed, which was problematic since Parker was in Elizabeth's bed. Since I knew I could get Miranda to sleep-in in the morning, I put Elizabeth in Miranda's bed then lied to her about what was going to happen with Miranda ("she'll be right in") and then took Miranda upstairs with me. Elizabeth was asleep within minutes but Miranda and I listened to the rain and wind for a long while before we fell asleep. Parker and Elizabeth woke up at 5:30 when Parker read Elizabeth Green Eggs and Ham on the living room couch. Elizabeth came up at 7 to tell me it was time for breakfast.

I guess it could have been worse.

No comments: