Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Daddy!

The girls seem to think all men are Daddy. They point to people that look nothing like Michael and say Daddy. In fact, every day as we drive down the block, there is a big bill board for some plumbing contracting company and it has a photo of a young good looking Latino guy. Every day, the girls exclaim...."Daddy!" Now even Parker says, "That guy is not your daddy."

Today, as they were playing in the living room they saw the box to the dvd of Shawshank Redemption, my favorite movie of all time, and Elizabeth pointed to Morgan Freeman* and cheered, "Daddy!"

*Morgan Freeman must work more than any other person on the planet earth. In fact, as I told my parents this weekend, I think there was some national law recently passed that requires Morgan Freeman to do all narration voice over for TV, movies and commercials. My parents thought the law was intergalactic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a girlfriend who according to her mother always called black men daddy...she ended up growing up and marrying one...