Thursday, July 24, 2008

Like father, like mother

After naps today, something hit me that I already knew. Elizabeth is really just like me and Miranda and Parker are like Dad in a lot of ways. Here's one:

Elizabeth woke up Miranda by staring at her and talking. She was wide awake and bored. Miranda started to cry. Just grumpy being woken up too early. Then Parker starts crying upstairs. After lots of holding and comforting, I gave up and left Miranda to cry. I took Elizabeth in the bathroom and mentioned something about going somewhere later and Elizabeth runs to get shoes. Meanwhile Miranda and Parker are still crying.

This is pretty similar to me and Michael. I can wake up, throw some shoes on and go. Michael needs a good long time to wake up and if woken up "early" is quite grumpy.

Nuture over nature, I guess.

No comments: