Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Parker Swims!

For a while Parker was making no progress in swim class. He couldn't get the whole hold your breath thing. Then I took him to Waterworld where he got to where a life vest and everything changed after that. Something about going down the slides made him fearless.

Yesterday, he had a make up class with an instructor he didn't know. I worried that she wouldn't know what he could do or not do, which as it turns out was a valid concern. But since she didn't know, she pushed him and he did great. He dived (hands above his head from a sitting position into the pool) and then swam...on his own...back to the wall. It was great. It was one of the first times that I've actually felt really proud of him. Sure, I've been impressed with him in the past, but this was a genuine feeling of, "Ahhh, That's my boy!" He was even happy saying, "Let's go somewhere different and go swimming", right after class. But since it was 6:00pm, that wouldn't work.

I told him we could go swimming in LA this weekend. (I decided to drive down for a long weekend since my babysitter Jenna was going down. I pay for gas, she helps deal with kids....PERFECT!)

No comments: