Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Are we there yet?

I'm taking Parker to LA in February to hang with the cousins. We are flying this time which will be a first for him. (He actually has flown twice, once with us to Mexico when I was 7 weeks pregnant with the girls,and once with the grandmas when I was 32 weeks pregnant and in the hospital. But since he doesn't remember either time, he thinks it is his first time.) This all came about because at Christmas at school they had to write letters to Santa. On his he said he wanted a 100 marbles, a 1000 legos (or some equivalent that I can't remember) and an airplane ride. He has also brought it up many times since then. So I figured what the heck. A trip with just him will seem like a luxurious vacation for me and Michael can have some girlie time with Eli and Miranda.

Yesterday, Parker asked, "Mommy is it still January?" I said, "Yes, why do you ask?" He just looked kinda sad and said, "Are you sure it isn't February 20th yet?"

I guess he is looking forward to the trip!

No comments: