Sunday, January 04, 2009

Playing Nice

The girls pretty much fight all the time these days. If the fight isn't active (pushing, shoving, hitting), then it's more passive where one will say something like, "I like rice crispies." Then the other ones says, "Nana ( or Biza) no like rice crispies." Then they go back and forth like this becoming increasing upset and/or loud until I tell them to knock it off. Another favorite is just yelling NO at their siblings for no real reason. Just to piss them off. They all do it, even Parker and man, is it annoying. (yeah, yeah, I'm sure they are just copying me, but that fact makes it no less annoying.)

So today when Eli and Bobo (as Michael calls her) were playing together sweetly, I had to stop and watch. At one point, Miranda bonked her head on the dining room table (a common occurrence as they like to play right next to the table for some reason). Miranda said, "AHHHH, I bonked my head and I need help!" Elizabeth said, "I'll help you Miranda. Do you want me to kiss it?" Miranda said, "OK." Elizabeth bent over and kissed her head and then looked her right in the face while holding her shoulders and said, "Are you better now?" Miranda said, "Yes." And they kept on playing (I only captured the after playing below-warning, it is one of those long and boring ones.)

And yesterday, when I took Elizabeth and Parker to the jungle (an in door play area with tunnels, slides, ramps, ball pits), I told Parker he had to stay with Elizabeth the whole time (as I couldn't fit in the habit-trail which is really built for 4 year olds and not 2 year olds, and even if I could, I didn't want to). I also told him he had to help her if she got stuck. So when Elizabeth couldn't reach the next level at one point, Parker gave her a nice big shove on the butt to help her up. And when she couldn't get out of one ball pit, Parker held her hand and helped her up. It was very sweet. After our snack, Parker wanted to head back into the tunnel, but Eli was done. Parker said, "Come on, Elizabeth let's go!" and when I told him she was done and was staying with me in the game area, he said he would stay with her too.

Who are these children?




No comments: