Thursday, February 19, 2009

Elizabeth likes books.

At some point in the last few weeks, Elizabeth has decided that she can read books. She sits down with a big stack of books and read them almost verbatim. It isn't quite perfect, but pretty close (not at all like Miranda who does some sing songy thing that describes the picture or something else completely while turning the pages.) When she gets to a page she can't remember or doesn't know, she holds it up to me and says, "I don't know this page" and waits for me to remind her. She goes off to do this by herself and can sit there for 20-30 minutes reading out loud. Sometimes she reads to her baby, but mostly she just reads to herself. On occasion I've asked if she wanted me to read to her and she says (as she says with almost everything these days), "NO. I do it myself."

No comments: