Monday, February 16, 2009

I still can't believe it.

We took the kids to Cal Academy on Saturday morning. It was a mob scene, but since Michael was there too (his first time) we were able to see the penguins, fish, and the kids play area.

On leaving the kids play area, the docent asked if the kids wanted a stamp (stamping hands is incredibly fun for children for some reason that I have yet to figure out.) All three love stamps so I walked them over to the stamp area and the lady said, "Would you like a butterfly or turtle?" to Elizabeth. I was all set to jump in and either ask the question again to Elizabeth or just tell the lady "it doesn't matter" or "butterfly" when Elizabeth did something that Parker has never done. She actually answered her. She said, "Butterfly please." I was shocked. I turned to Michael and said, "Oh My God did you hear that? She answered her!" And before I could regain my composure, she asked Miranda what she wanted. I assumed she would want exactly what Elizabeth wanted. But noooo, she too answered her and said, "I would like a Turtle please." Holy Shit! Are these my children?

Parker true to form did not respond to her and got a turtle stamp.

No comments: