Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pineapple!

Ebba invited us to a Iron Chef Pineapple Party. As she said she invited people who like to cook and me. We had to bring a dish made with pineapple. There was suppose to be some kind of judging, but it either happened after we left or didn't happen. In thinking about what to make, I consulted my favorite recipe source...Amy. She recommended a pineapple, bacon, shrimp skewer since it was easy and delicious. Then I searched on the "internets" for sprimp, bacon, and pineapple skewers and only 84,000 entries came up. I decided on a combo of a couple, got the ingredients, and then Michael and I rolled and skewered them. We did the first batch on the grill, but some of the bacon got stuck so we tried the broiler the next round and voila! They turned out great and people at the party seemed to like them, but then again what is not to like about shrimp and bacon?

1 comment:

Ebba said...

We talked about it after you left, and I think the consensus was a tie between the pineapple cashew fried rice and your skewers. There was a pineapple upside down cake with fresh ginger in it that was amazing too.