Friday, February 06, 2009

Random Happenings

Crash!

The girls were playing very well this morning. Talking to each other, helping each other, hanging out together. I was in the other room and then I heard a big crash, some toys falling, and then some screams for help. I thought the play kitchen had fallen over, but nope. Both girls were lying on the ground with the small coffee table on top of them. Elizabeth was holding it up so it wasn't touching thm, but all the toys (abacus, wedgets, blocks) were all over their faces and floor. I would have gotten my camera had they not been in such distress. As I was cleaning up, I tried to think how this could have happended with them so perfectly under the table yet with the table still off the ground in Eli's hands. Then, as soon as I got it all back into place, Eli showed me how. She tried to hang off it like it was a monkey bar. Now sure, one of them wasn't heavy enough to take it down, but both of them most have been hanging and down it went.

Remember?


The kids all like to talk about things that happened yesterday or last week or some point in the past. Elizabeth does it the most, but Parker and Miranda get in on the action a lot too. It goes like this:

Parker: Remember when I fell off the ladder swing and got three staples in my head?

Elizabeth: Remember when I sleep in the back house with Mommy?

Miranda: Remember when I went Wahoo on the bus?

It kinda reminds of the Chris Farley skit on SNL when he interviews people like Robert DeNiro and says, "Remember when you said, "Are you looking at me?" That was cool."

Hello.

Michael and I don't talk much on the phone during the day. On occasion, he'll call me to see if I need him to pick anything up or I'll call him to see if he can get something or come home early. Generally, if we have to communicate, we email or wait until he is at home. But, on the rare times when he does call, the kids all want to talk to him. They are always funny conversations from this side and probably boring from Michael's side. Miranda doesn't really say anything. Parker sort of stares at the phone answering some of the questions without much detail and Elizabeth, of course, tells Daddy all the events of the day, while pointing and holding up things. She can actually have a real conversation with him and offers things not asked by him. Whenever I'm on the phone, they ask to talk to Daddy because well, I'm just not on the phone that much and Daddy is usually the one I am talking with. But when I am talking to the washer repair guy and Elizabeth keeps asking me to talk to him, it's a bit confusing to her and me.

No comments: