Friday, February 13, 2009

Not the happy lion.

I've been looking for this book called The Happy Lion at the library for the kids, but they don't seem to carry it. It's about a lion that gets out of a french zoo and freaks everyone (even those people that come to say bonjour to him every day in the zoo) out. He doesn't understand and it takes a little boy to calmly walk him back to his cage. We have it on DVD but not book.



Today, Elizabeth and Miranda were looking at a Madeline book and they started to "read it". I've never read them Madeline books before, so they just made up whatever words they wanted. The first thing they said was "Bonjour Happy Lion". Which I thought was quite clever.

Then Miranda came over to me and said, "This is not Happy Lion" and looked very sad. I confirmed the truth and told her to get another book. Which she did.

No comments: