Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Poor Elizabeth

She has been just miserable since yesterday morning and acting so strangely that I took her to the doctor today and sure enough, pneumonia. According to Kaiser, Pneumonia is a serious lung infection usually caused by viruses or bacteria. Hopefully Elizabeth has the bacteria kind and the antibiotics work quickly. I always had the sense pneumonia was like scarlet fever and you had to be locked away until you had mended. But, in fact, it's not really like that at all. And in fact, neither is scarlet fever (which I had when I was 13*). All Elizabeth wants to do is sit on my lap and wimper. She must feel like total crap.


*I got scarlet fever at the exact same time I got my first period. At first, I thought the two were somehow related...that all kids with scarlet fever start bleeding. I don't remember much else about that illnesses except I didn't have to burn any of my stuffed animals. Not that I had any stuffed animals.

1 comment:

Jyllian said...

:( I hope Elizabeth feels better soon.