Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Permission

Parker asked for permission for the strangest things.

For example, after he goes poop and after he wipes and then I wipe him, he sits on the toilet until I tell him to get off. I've never told him to do that. In fact, I've told him the opposite which is to get off and flush, but sometimes I find him sitting there 10 minutes later waiting for his Ok to get off.

He also asks if he can throw away the tissue after he blows his nose. I've never told him not too and again, in fact, I've ask him to throw it away each time.

Today he asked if he could sit on the purple chair as if at some point I've told him not to sit there.

When we get to preschool when he sees all the kids going in and his teacher standing at the door welcoming everyone, he looks at me and silently asks "Can I go in yet?" I silently nod back to him, "Yes, go in."

And what makes it all very strange is that he doesn't ask for permission for doing things he knows he should not do, like hit his sisters, jump on his bed, stand on books, or throwing things across the room.

No comments: